Friday, April 02, 2021

 #fridaysforfuture with pic of the kiddos in the amazing Huntington Gardens in 2010--a truly magical place!

My recommendation today is to try out Ecosia, a nearly-nonprofit browser extension that uses 80% ad revenue to plant trees in areas that have been de-forested, or to improve forest management in those areas to stimulate long- term growth. They're transparent about their financials, don't data-mine (unlike Google), and run their company on clean energy. It's a responsible company doing good work. Lots of universities use it, I'm told.
I still use Google when I have to--Ecosia uses Bing technology--but my little tree counter on my phone says I've planted 45 trees with my searches so far, and something I'm in favor of. And it's *so easy* to help out the planet this way. Literally one download.
Just planting more trees won't solve climate change, but since trees eat CO2, they are part of the puzzle for sure. And pretty to boot.
Check out Ecosia here

and here

and here
 

No comments: