Sunday, June 07, 2009

Dangerboy's testimony

So I haven't borne my testimony in, well, years. But usually on fast Sunday I think about what I would say were I feeling compelled to get up there. And today I felt as though I could share an experience--so I shared one from lat weekend: when Dangerboy screamed, I wanted to whack him, said a prayer, and received a little bit of strength to forbear and forgive.

But I was alone with Dangerboy in sacrament meeting as PDaniel was out with Cookie-Nut in the hall. So I asked DB if he wanted to talk in the microphone. No hesitation: "Yes."

We were in the back row, almost to the stage in the cultural hall. We walked all the way up, hand in hand, and I helped him up to the mike. Yes, I told him what to say (which I've always been ambivalent about), but I only said things that I knew he was aware of--he just needed to be reminded to say them. And despite the fact that he was talking in front of hundreds of people, he wasn't scared at all, and said just what I told him to, no blowing in the mike or anything. I was proud of him, and he was very proud of himself and gave me lots of kisses.

Here was his testimony:

"I'd like to bear my testimony." (That part was a little unintelligible).

"I love my family."

"I love my Grandmas and Pakas." (I'd said Grandpas, so it tripped him up just a little.)

"I like to say my prayers." (This is finally usually true.)

"I love my friends."

(Mom: "In the name of Jesus Christ...")

DB: "Amen."

1 comment:

WLM said...

Perfect for him! That, we know, is true!