Sunday, May 25, 2008

Birthday Madness

Here are just a couple of pictures from Dangerboy's birthday party. It was supposed to be simple: meet at the picnic tables for cake and ice cream, then let the kids run around outside. (Did I mention P. decorated the cake?? Isn't he great?) Each year we've done the same thing for his birthday, adding a new outside toy for the kids to play with each year. So we had a big-bubble wand, two giant beach balls, and a parachute for the kids to play games with together (they proved to be too young and easily distracted for the parachute). Anyway, the cake part went well enough, after that there was some fun, but also a lot of toddler mayhem (notice the shirtlessness) and squabbling, like last year--over the balls, the bubbles, errant bikes. So I've made a resolution: no more toddler birthday parties for this family! We'll keep them family affairs from now on. Mom got tooooo worn out.

1 comment:

The Voice of Reason said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Dangerboy! That's one awesome cake - I just celebrated my 30th (a few days early) with the in-laws and had a cake that looked like it was about to ignite the house on fire. Ah - the days when I could count my birthday candles on a single hand - on two - on my fingers and toes....