Thursday, September 09, 2010

Blast to the past

So, I have been extremely remiss in chronicling the happenings of our family lately, and am now going to attempt to catch up a bit. Keep in mind, the same thing happened last fall, and I never wrote about out whole summer then either. But I do need to write about my kids, so here's what I remember about Dangerboy's fifth birthday, which was back in May...
I brought treats to preschool--I used my mom's cupcake tree and some awesomely disgusting gummie bugs as toppers. they were a hit. I was told to bring something more healthy too, so I brought strawberries and cheese sticks...completely untouched by those punk kids. Oh well, can you blame them? But would it have killed them to eat cupcakes AND the other stuff?
For our home party, we had some neighborhood friends over. I think I told him he could invite five kids (a couple of them came late and aren't in the picture), as opposed to last year, which was a crazy all-the-kids-we-know-and-their-families extravaganza. We love you, friends, but we wanted something a little more low-key this year. And we got it--the kids had fun playing inside and outside, we had cake (which was awesomely awesome), and there were Transformer decorations. And he got lots of Transformers (which he doesn't play with much because they're too hard to transform--darn you, deceptively simple Bumblebee, the first one we owned!)--so he was happy. A good time had by all.

And here are some old Dangerboy pictures, just for fun. He was two-ish and three-ish in these ones.

No comments: