Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Cowboys, pirates, and mommies

Me: "Cowboys tuck their pants into their boots."
DB: "Why?"
Me: "I don't know, I think to keep ticks out..."
DB: "And tacks..."

Also: Today Cookie-Nut climbed on a piece of training equipment at our local soccer field. "My's boat," she said. "Ho, ho, ho..."

So I started singing the Pirates song: "Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me..."

She loved it! It was just what she had in mind. She tried to sing along with me, and called DB over. "Buddy!" (That's what she calls him.) "My's boat! Buddy. Sit down."

Awww! My little girl's a pirate!

She also loves putting her "babies" to bed. Today she carefully laid a washcloth over the arm of the rocking chair (for washing their teeth), read them books, them covered them up in bed, turned the fan on, and closed the door. Bedtime is one of her favorite games--for her "babies," that is.

No comments: